Call: 020-33974548 or tweet us now @pct2u
‘We have achieved Grade 1 Inspections across all our courses from the NCFE in 2018’
‘Excellent course. Superb tutor support – thoroughly recommend. I shall certainly look into Level 4/5 study now. Once again, thank you for an excellent course!
Jamie – Level 3 Award in Education and Training – Leeds, England
‘I thoroughly enjoyed the course and was really thankful for the prompt feedback and continuous support I received from my tutor. Thank you’.
Julie – Award in Education and Training Level 3 Student January 2015 – Rugby, England
The Award in Education and Training at Level 3 is a competence-based qualification. It is approved by the NCFE and has been designed for those who want to start a career as a teacher in the further education sector. It is easy to breakthrough into the teaching industry now without having to go through the long process of an in-service PGCE. This qualification has replaced the PTTLS qualification since August 2014.
Unit Reference Number: H/505/0053
Title: Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
This is the mandatory unit for the course, where you will learn about your role as a teacher in lifelong learning. It is the foundation of the course and will give you all the knowledge you need to be effective as a teacher in lifelong learning.
Unit Reference Number: D/505/0052
Title: Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
This unit is a mixture of knowledge and practical and will give you the understanding you need to be able to understand the various learning and teaching strategies and methods. You will also learn about equality and diversity and their importance. You will also learn about planning an inclusive session, using inclusive approaches and assessment methods. You will have the opportunity to plan and deliver a short lesson as part of your micro-teach. Trainee teachers must be involved in at least one hour of microteaching. Each trainee teacher must deliver at least one 15-minute microteaching session that is observed and assessed by a member of the delivery team. For the additional 45 minutes, the trainee teacher can either deliver additional microteaching sessions or observe the microteaching sessions of other trainee teachers.
Unit Reference Number: R/505/0050
Title: Understanding assessment in education and training
This unit is about assessment and will teach you everything you need to know about it. If in the future you decide to become an Assessor, having completed this unit you will get an exemption for unit 1 of the Assessor course. If you have already completed TAQA Unit 1 then we can RPL the work against this unit.
- Be competent in your field, the subject your want to teach
- Level 2 written and spoken English (Equivalent to GCSE A-C)
- Basic understanding of lifelong learning
- IT literate (Internet, Microsoft office)
- Able to understand and interpret course materials
- Self-motivated and willing to complete and achieve
- The course is delivered online through our cutting edge Moodle portal
- Our professionally written course materials will teach and guide you step by step
- You will have a dedicated Tutor who will provide support and assess your work
- You will be assessed through a series of questions to assess your knowledge
- Unit 2 will be assessed through you practically delivering a micro-teach session where you will be observed by your Tutor.
How to get started
- Choose payment method – Pay in full or via deposit
- As soon as you complete the payment process, you will receive your log in details to our online Moodle with immediate contact from your Tutor who will arrange your first induction tasks to get started.
All course pricing is without mentoring, please discuss this further with your tutor if you require these services as course costs could differ. .